Saturday 26 March 2022

Colourful Buzzers and Flutterers

 We've had a glorious week of spring weather, curses to the fact that I've been stuck in work for all of it apart from today.

I can get outside at work during a short break here and there, and it is so important for me to do this from both a physical and mental point of view. I also need to see the outside, for which I'm grateful I sit next to a window at work and can watch the campus hovering, the buzzards soaring on the first thermals of the season, and the occasional passing heron or little egret following the path of the drainage ditch where occasionally the settle to hunt.

Smoke trails from the Red Arrows practising in the distance is also an occasional but welcome distraction.

So, with this good weather there's been a lot more signs of life on the wing. Brimstone and small tortoiseshells, honey bees, three species of bumble bee, the sight of blue tits gathering nesting material, and the sound of chiff chaffs singing. 

I hope you have all been able to enjoy the weather too.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 26.03.22








6 comments:

  1. Your photos are incredibly brilliant.
    Back to cloud and chilly today in Suffolk and any critters that were about last week have probably gone back into hiding

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your beautiful clear photos are a homage to Spring. So glad to see the bees emerging as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done a lot better than me at capturing these early signs of spring, but I've been enjoying the same scenes - all except for the Red Arrows; I have to wait till the next air show at Duxford, then they might even fly over my house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As usual Si such brilliant and well informed photographs. Yes Spring is springing out all over up here in the Dales - we will all get a nasty rude awakening next week I fear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's no need to brag about the weather! Here in the south of France it has been awful!

    ReplyDelete