Monday 7 March 2022

2022's First Honey Bees

 Trying to forget all the awfulness around at the moment is important, and so on my walks I'm trying to be extra mindful of what I might see. 

It takes your mind off things for a few minutes. 

It's fair to say that this Spring is not exactly very Spring-like yet; it is cold, wet, and windy and the rare days on which the sun is out are off-set by low temperatures and a biting breeze.

That being said, when the sun is out I have seen a few insects out on a couple of days. The gorse bush at work had a busy little group of bees working on it last week, and today the cemetery crocus carpets had some hardy worker bees gathering pollen on them today. 

I've still only seen the one bumble close up, and it is far too cold for the first brimstones to be on the wing. I have my wildflower meadow flowers to plant, probably next weekend.

Got to keep doing positive things, no matter how small.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 07.03.22





3 comments:

  1. Today the sun has been warm here and therehave been honey bees. Haven't seen a bumble bee yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's still very cold up here and doesn't really feel like spring yet, though the birds are singing. I've not seen a honey bee yet so it's nice to see your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THank you, spring has really sprung since then

    ReplyDelete