Tuesday 6 December 2011

Let's talk about tits...

...and watch that hit count tise, hopefully.

So yep, today I was a bit lazier and didn't find my way out on to the roads until past half ten - slaps own face for laziness. I walked out to Sconce Hills Park, and back right along the River Devon, and to be honest noticed very little apart from the large quack squad of various mallards and hybrids on the river. I was to busy being annoyed at the feature on phone apps on 6 music, most of which as I tweeted only R2D2 could find a use for. Also I was trying to figure out how to buy presents with no money, and no hope.

But that's by the by!

But after my cup of tea at the museum and trot through town working out where to get my horrible, and diminishing, hair cut, I got home to find my garden and drive area alive with birds.

First up, even before I got there, the tell tale zupping of Long Tailed Tits reached my ears, and sure enough there was a flock of about 20-30 of them working my sycamore trees, cute as hell, and interestingly a mix of white headed and stripey headed sub types. They obviously found a good food source there, because they stayed in the vicinity rather longer than usual. They were joined by the "sips" and "seeps" of Great Tits, and a Blue Tit did an agile dance along the door of my shed - I reckon there's plenty of little spiders and insects at the gap at the top of the door where this little fellow was flitting along like a gossamer extreme climber.

I'm trying to get better with bird calls by the way, will write more on this subject another time.

The prize spot though, was when a blackcap warbler suddenly appeared in the sycamore amidst the Long Tailed Tits, not singing though, a male looking a little lost.

Goes to show, there's always somnething to see smack under your nose. Often when you least expect it.

No comments:

Post a Comment