Tuesday 16 July 2024

Terrible Weather but Still things to See

 Well, this summer is an absolute stunner, isn't it? The last few days we've had occasional sightings of a hazy looking round yellow thing up in the sky, only for a wave of heavy cloud to immediately cover it over and deposit a large amount of water on the saturated ground. 

I've been cycling to work most days in a very fetching bright yellow disposable poncho, which I'm finding to be indisposable. Despite the odd tear it now sports. 

Still, when there isn't rain, there have been some very pretty creatures on the wing, most notably the patchwork leaf cutter fee that visited my just about open gazanias I bought from the market. 

Down in the library gardens I've come across yellow legged mining bees and large numbers of vestal cuckoo bumblebees, while at work, there are small skipper butterflies on the thistles and endless ragwort that covers the badlands next to the cycle path. 

Even saw a muntjac deer down there the other day. 

In short, there are still things to see, but I would imagine they are as fed up as we all are.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 16.07.24









1 comment: