Sunday 24 September 2023

Life on the Sedum

 There's nothing at work but bristly ox tongue, but on Sconce Park there are still plants in bloom that the pollinators love. 

The deep pink sedum that grows in the "Mini Sconce" in front of the cafe is proving particularly attractive to honey bees, and after I have had my cup of tea and old school can of Barr's lemonade, I like to go over and have a look and see who is having dinner there.

This post then, is just an excuse to put up a lovely photo I managed to get of two bees. I hope you like it.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 24.09.23





4 comments:

  1. Lovely studies Si. A friend called yesterday. I have Red and White Valerian at the top of my garden. I can't see very well and although I could see the valerian I couldn't see the eight Red Admirals which she pointed out were settled on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You caught the bee hovering really well

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. The one you caught in flight is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As ever, catching good shots of bees in flight is pure luck! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete