Thursday 21 September 2023

Some Butterfly Studies

 I've started properly running again, to burn up some of that excessive Tourette and ADHD energy and for the good of my mental health. It is certainly proving to be more helpful in this regard than cricket has been; my bowling has sort of sine waved from awful to good and back to awful again. 

But cricket is over now, and I'm trying to capture what ever buzzers and flutterers I can before autumn takes a proper grip and everything goes to sleep until spring. 

So enjoy these studies I've taken of a couple of butterflies that were obliging enough to give me a good luck as they warmed themselves up in the sun. 

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 21.09.23










4 comments:

  1. Beautiful you must have immense stillness; they always flit away from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their shadows are every bit as interesting as they are themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really hard to get these shots with a mobile phone, so thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely series of photos, both Speckled Wood and Red Admiral seem to have been particularly numerous up here in Edinburgh this year.

    ReplyDelete