Saturday 6 May 2023

The Nature of Berlin and the Tiergarten

 A few more Berlin photos for you, focussing on the nature I found on my sister and I's long walks around The Tiergarten and Kreuzberg.

Apart from our Kreuzberg day, the weather was pretty chilly and wet and so there wasn't a lot fluttering about, and what there was, was pretty much the same you would find in the UK. However, the honeybees looked different to ours and may be of the carniolan sub-species.

So the hope of finding fritillaries or camberwell beauties I'd seen in photos from Germany ended up being rather dashed!

Enjoy!

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 06.05.23








2 comments:

  1. They may be the same species we see here, but I bet they have some fine long names with lots of consonants in them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos, I'm glad you enjoyed your visit, even if you didn't see all the species you hoped to see!

    ReplyDelete