Thursday 9 February 2023

Just Some Quick Sketches

 I've been gifted some more art supplies, and bought some myself to add to my ever growing collection of random A6 sketchbooks. I have pencils, graphite sticks, oil pastels and also some very gothic black paper to use them on. 

But none of the fancy stuff today.

I've knocked up a couple of bird sketches, using one hardbound sketchbook and a rather limited pallete of felt tip pens I had to hand. 

I work quickly, and with all the skill and dexterity of a five year old. Nonetheless I rather enjoy doing them, thinking - stupidly - that they are like Bill Bailey's sketches in his excellent bird guide I got a couple of Christmases ago.

I present them to you now for your "enjoyment".

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 09.02.23




7 comments:

  1. I rather liked their hurried informality - at least I knew what they both were. Keep it up as long as you're enjoying yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've caught the tilt of the head, the shape of the beak, they look very fetching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really KNOW your birds and that comes through in the form even though dashed off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're both immediately recognisable as to which species they are and both are full of character (specially the blackbird)

    ReplyDelete