Monday 3 February 2020

Helleborine Time

I got a bit stuck today. I had intended to walk to Kelham Hall to see the snowdrops today, but the path was blocked by ploughed field behind the rugby club. Ploughed fields in winter months are no good for walkers, as you end up carrying about half the field with you on your shoes by the time you leave it.

This is a very hatable thing, and I do indeed hate it.

So I just restricted myself by walking around the club and heading back into town, watching the flock of around 200 redwing fly around the ground; they were using the second pitch for feeding and were far too easily spooked to let me get within a mile of them.

Earlier in the day I'd visited the library and was surprised to see no dwarf iris growing in their usual place, but the green and oriental helleborine are in flower. I wonder if it had been a milder day today if any wakeful bees would have been having a feed. It won't be long I'm sure, although we are having a brief cold snap tonight; it is getting very chilly out there, in my garden where the outside bulb has failed and I have taken delivery of a mega plant that was formerly at the parental home.

"Parental" rather than "My Parents". It is so hard to have to write that.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 03.02.2020





5 comments:

  1. I must go and have a look at the Winter Garden at the Botanic Garden in Cambridge some time. Daffodils all blooming along the roadside where I went yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW I GOT MY LOAN FROM THIS GREAT COMPANY

    Hello my dear people, I am Linda McDonald, currently living in Austin Texas, USA. I am a widow at the moment with three kids and i was stuck in a financial situation in April 2018 and i needed to refinance and pay my bills. I tried seeking loans from various loan firms both private and corporate but never with success, and most banks declined my credit ,do not full prey to those hoodlums at there that call them self-money lender they are all scam , all they want is your money and you well not hear from them again they have done it to me twice before I met Mr. David Wilson the most interesting part of it is that my loan was transfer to me within 74hours so I will advise you to contact Mr. David if you are interested in getting loan and you are sure you can pay him back on time you can contact him via email……… (davidwilsonloancompany4@gmail.com) No credit check, no cosigner with just 2% interest rate and better repayment plans and schedule if you must contact any firm with reference to securing a loan without collateral then contact Mr. David Wilson today for your loan

    They offer all kind of categories of loan they

    Short term loan (5_10years)
    Long term loan (20_40)
    Media term loan (10_20)
    They offer loan like
    Home loan............., Business loan........ Debt loan.......
    Student loan.........., Business startup loan
    Business loan......., Company loan.............. etc
    Email..........( davidwilsonloancompany4@gmail.com)
    When it comes to financial crisis and loan then David Wilson loan financial is the place to go please just tell him I Mrs. Linda McDonald direct you Good Luck.......................

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see colour here and there with a few flowers now starting to bloom! Delightful images Si!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you both, lots of crocuses in the cemetery by now, I hope

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sharing this testimony to partners suffering in their relationships because there is an enduring solution.
    My husband left me and our 2 kids for another woman for 3 years. I tried to be strong just for my kids but I could not control the pains that torment my heart. I was hurt and confused. I needed a help, so i did a research on the internet and came across a site where I saw that Dr. Aluya a spell caster, can help get lovers back. I contacted him and he did a special prayer and spells for me. To my surprises, after some days, my husband came back home. That was how we reunited again and there was a lot of love, joy and peace in the family.
    You can as well contact Dr.  Aluya  , a powerful spell-caster for solutions on his contact aluya.48hoursspelltemple@gmail.com or directly on Whats App: +2348110493039 

    ReplyDelete