Monday 16 January 2023

Aconite is Out!

 Yes, it is my annual - "Oh look, aconite!" post, this one for 2023!

As ever, the first place they emerged was in Friary Gardens, the small park through the town centre overlooked by historic buildings and featuring the mightiest tree in the town, a huge london plane tree with a warty trunk like a huge elephant's foot. 

I'm trying to be more active now and get some more walking done, although a stomach upset this week has hindered things a little. I've been enjoying setting out, Radio 4 in my ear as I used to, and just seeing what is out there. 

I feel much better for it, although my ankle is grumbling a little tonight!

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 16.01.23






5 comments:

  1. Photographed with you usual eye for the natural beauty around you. I must go up to the old estate woods near us and see if any aconites are flowering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to this every year Si. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a joy to see these, Si. It lifted our hearts to find snowdrops and early daffodils at the w/e.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos! Aconites are such pretty flowers, wonderful that they appear so early in the year

    ReplyDelete