Tuesday 22 February 2022

Crocuses Rampant

 Well, here I am, back again.

Truth is I've been unwell. My sister came over to visit, we went out for the evening, and then the following Sunday two days later, I went down with some sort of virus. 

Achey limbs, foggy head, a bit of a cough, a bit of nausea...I thought I knew where this was heading, but I took a C19 test that was negative. So, it was nothing more than a cold type thing, albeit a cold that flattened me rather more than most of those viral beasties do. 

I was really unable to do very much at all for about 5 days, and felt very sorry myself. Tried to go for a walk or two but it really wasn't happening, I don't handle being ill well at all, it makes me very gloomy, but my body was utterly uninterested in doing nothing other than lazing about.

This seems to be the same for a lot of people at the moment, two years isolated from most organisms and then BANG! one comes along and wipes you out. 

Luckily over the last two or three days I've finally felt better, if inclined to sneeze. I was able to get out for 90 minutes yesterday, to take in the explosion of colour in the cemetery as the purple and white crocuses have exploded into life, seemingly in the course of about 48 hours over the weekend. 

They are, as ever, an utterly stunning sight, but given the brightness of the weather on Monday, I'm slightly surprised that there were any bees or bumbles feeding off them. 

Perhaps they have caught colds as well.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 22.02.22










6 comments:

  1. I absolutely love them - especially the large purple and white ones - I have plenty of golden ones but the purple always seem to disappear - maybe they are more attractive as winter food for the mice.
    Sorry you have been ill - this awful cold/flu does seem to be doing the rounds here. Pleased you are on the mend - I can't have you missing posting all the spring bulbs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you've been unwell. Thank you for the glorious photos of the crocuses. Like Weaver, I have some yellow ones, but in pots. I also have about three purple ones in the 'lawn' - we've never planted them, but each year we get three or four single flowers. They're never quite in the same place as the previous year, and they never seem to increase in number or form clumps. One of life's mysteries I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never ever seen such a mass of crocuses, Gorgeous.
    Sorry to hear you have been poorly, best to rest and heal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to write hear again, feels like I've been neglecting the blog. I will try and do better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you feel fully better soon!

    Those crocuses are beautiful, excellent photos too, especially the first one.

    I'll be visiting a cemetery today and hoping the crocuses are in bloom!

    ReplyDelete