Well, it's a scorched earth out there; scenes from a JG Ballard novel as the straw brown ground supports very little in the way of flowers now. The beautiful library gardens have gone over, with only a few white scabious still in bloom. My own flowers have gone over, although the buddleia I cut back to less than a metre high is now standing at well over two metres and will hopefully soon come into flower.
Sunny days are no longer a novelty, they just drive anyone sane for the shade.
On Sunday 16th I will take to the local roads for the Newark Half Marathon. Training went well up until a month ago, upon which I pulled a muscle in my backside, which has limited running since then, and has stopped me entirely playing cricket.
I'm hoping a ten mile run a month before will be enough. Mercifully, cooler weather with perhaps a dash of rain is forecast. Hopefully I can drag my sorry old body round!
Si
All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 11.08.26






It's definitely too hot and too dry.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the half marathon.
So very dry, too hot for me. Good luck with the run. Regards Sue H
ReplyDeleteThank you for the best wishes!
ReplyDelete