Saturday 14 October 2017

Autumn Colours in a Nutshell

Or rather in the local gardens to me. Spotted it fluttering down from the cotoneasters, and hoped it would settle long enough for me to get a pic.

It did, but not for any longer, and that was after having to do some daft gyrations to avoid casting my shadow across it as I approached from 15 metres away in a low sun casting a shadow like a striding giant.

I was getting some strange looks I can tell you. Unavoidable when you are a nature spotter sometimes. It's beena glorious day, so I didn't care.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 14.10.17



5 comments:

  1. Strange looks are worth putting up with sometimes. I once had a car stop when the driver spotted me stretched out on the roadside verge with my bike lying close by - I was photographing an orchid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely photo, it's always so wonderful to see the red admirals so late in the year

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for yet another photo of a Red Admiral - I think of them as my farmer as one was present as we scattered his ashes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. More of them about today, mainly fluttering by in the wind. THank you all!

    ReplyDelete