Sunday 11 October 2015

Supermacro Superfloral Testshots

Took the camera out into flowerland after I got home from vulcanland to try and get some shots of flowers and insects. I tested out the camera's supermacro function - it's like macro, only it is one louder.

I don't know how happy I am with the results. These are all unfiltered, untweaked shots. The focus is a bit iffy on some, and the camera seems a little vulnerable to my horrible shaky hands. First proper camera, will take me a while to get used to it!

Still some lovely colours in the garden!

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 11.10.15












8 comments:

  1. Excellent, especially for your first attempts with the new gear! I don't think you are having an issue with shaking so much as not controlling which element of the shot you are actually focusing on. For example the second shot with the hoverfly on the flower has the focus great on the flower, but not on the fly. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great Simon. I'm not that great at critiquing as my knowledge of settings and the tech side in photography is limited, but I know what I like and I like these a lot. Thanks for id'ing my grebe, much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant Simon. I would guess the camera is auto focus which can make focus hit and miss. I have the same problem with the Nikon. Of course when you are that close the depth of field is shallow so some of each shot will be out of focus. Those are great. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos and lovely colours indeed, especially the pink ones! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh well done-it does take time to get used to proper cameras-but you will get there. I too find it very difficult to get the macro focus right-a slight movement by either the subject or the camera holder will shift things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Si - some of the shots are amazing - the apples, that bee - and the colours are so bright too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic shots - and they will get better! Can't wait to see more when you are back from your travels x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely shots, Simon. Fine colours too!

    ReplyDelete