Sunday 25 February 2018

Weekend Odds and Sods

Today consisted of a walk round the park to the cafe, where everyone seemed rather rude today and I couldn't get a seat because "Oh, that one's taken" as they reserved every place for their families and their dogs and invisible friends.

I ended up walking my tea around town, at least my hands were warm as the rest of me was shredded by the bitter easterlies.

In the afternoon I slept when I didn't mean to, while some dimwitted sci fi film played on my DVD player, before I cycled down to cricket practice where the first teamers took the piss as usual, although I saw off their fast bowling when I was batting quite easily and didn't disgrace myself with the ball either.

Lots of flowers and brightness this weekend, but with no warmth in the air I haven't seen any insects at all. This week we will become a white snowy world, we are told, and my commute will be an agony of ice and cold.

Hopefully this will be the last spasm of winter.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 25.02.18













2 comments:

  1. Be careful if you're cycling to work, Si. It snowed here for a while this morning but only lightly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping it won't be too bad. We will see.

    ReplyDelete