Saturday 17 February 2018

Irises and Injury

So, yet again, most of the day was wasted thanks to a four hour afternoon sleep. I don't know why this is happening so much now. It was raining when I drfited off, and a beautiful late afternoon when I woke.

I felt I couldn't waste it, so off on a run I went, a lovely pre sunset one in a beautiful light, but I felt so horribly stiff and slow and chesty as well. I kept going. I kept chugging on gently but it never felt right and in the end just before 5km I felt my right calf go.

Grrrrr grrrr grrrrr. It happens every so often, I musn't have stretched enough before I ran.

Just feel a bit useless at the moment.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 17.02.18







8 comments:

  1. Pretty images of the hellebores.

    Don't feel useless Simon, we all have these times. Things will get better further down the line :)

    Sometimes we sleep more when we are feeling low ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those photographs give me such pleasure Si. Don't feel useless. We all feel like that sometimes - you probably need sunshine, like the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your images really cheered my day - please don't feel useless - we all go through periods of feeling low. I think we all need some sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My quickest way of falling asleep any time of day is by switching the TV on, even if it's something I want to watch. On dull days I take a vitamin D tablet to make up for the lack of Sunlight. Seems to help combat general Winter weariness.
    Beautiful clump of Irises.
    Looking at the earlier post about Raleigh bicycles reminded me that was the first make I had.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes, just managing daily life can be exhausting, Si. I hope your body and mind steadily recover and, in the meantime, those colourful flowers cheered my day, so, thank you! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely irises, hope your injury clears up soon

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've noticed a reduction in calf injuries since I started wearing long running socks. I don't stretch much until I'm warmed up. But I do sometimes massage my legs with some liniment before a faster than usual run, especially in cool weather. After 15 minutes I might have a little stretch, but nothing serious. I started running, age 40, and had more injuries. They gradually decreased over the years. Some years I'm even injury free, I'm happy to say. Old dog for hard road, is motto I remind myself of when I gave one! Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thnks all, been banging around in cricket nets today, long bowl.

    ReplyDelete