Tuesday 12 June 2018

Nature Friendly Garden 2 - My Parents' Place

So, visited my folks' house today, with mother telling me the lobelia has got all the bees going crazy.

This wasn't the case by 730pm, but there were still a few about on that rampant trailing plant. It was the tall, delicate dark blue flowers that were getting the most customers however, as common carder bumblebees flocked in for an early evening drink.

However, these bees decided that walking up the stems the other side from me was the way to go, and even their weight was enough to set the blooms swaying so much they were hard to photograph.

It's been a lovely evening, at least I am trying to make the most  of the warmer months.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 12.06.18







4 comments:

  1. Yes, it'll be autumn before we know it so we need to make the most of these pleasant days. Nice to see so many bees around at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks John, I'm enjoying keeping an eye on gardens and their occupants!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The weather has been lovely recently - so good to see the bees enjoying your parents' garden. Plenty around here too especially my favourite the Common Carder :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some common carders are brown, some as gold as thesunset

    ReplyDelete