Saturday 30 June 2018

Boiling Over

Played for the second team today against Wollaton 3, at an attractive Kinoulton ground that offered no shade from the sun which used the pitch as its own personal anvil for the entire day.

We lost by about 100, I don't really remember much about it as I wasn't allowed to bowl and was banished to field at the  same place on the boundary for two hours. Still a bit frazzled despite that factor 50 and the cap - it was very hard work out there although everyone tried hard, even fielded a ball with a dive for the first time in two years.

I may not be very good at fielding but I do try. Being naturally this clumsy is very frustrating.

I was just glad to get off the field as I was beginning to melt. Very unusual for me to want an innings to end.

When we batted, wickets fell regularly against very good and terrifyingly young bowlers. I of course had to bat number 11, and I only faced two balls before our innings ended. Seeing as I think I fielded the ball 6 times, that with my subs the match cost me £1 a ball, tremendous value that.

Still there were house martins over the ground and butterflies in the hedgerows, so there was something nice to see.

My face is still hot now.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 30.06.18







2 comments:

  1. lovely photos of the ringlet and hoverfly. It must have been difficult playing in that heat, though lovely to have the house martins around

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, it was pretty merciless out there!

    ReplyDelete