Thursday 21 June 2018

A Tale of Two Gardens and a Feline Visitor

After messing up my chain yesterday, I had to get going early this morning in order to get my rickety old Jupiter Trailblazer pumped up and ready to go. But as I stood there in my comedy helmet with the sun trying to rise over the trees, I had time to snap a few photographs of my little potted community, waiting to get warmed up and get doing that chlorophyll thing.

Today at  work was spent trying to book morris dancers and owls for a work summer fete - with a few fire engines and cake stalls thrown in - before I cycled home, past our  orchid verges and the wasteland where the ragwort, thistles and teasels grow and the rabbits munch, to meet my sister to go round to mum's to celebrate her birthday.

My sister, taking a break from rock singing for a few days, had been telling me than the neighbourhood cats, about 6 in total, had been regular visitors during the sunny afternoon, and indeed while I looked around for bees next doors slinky tabby female appeared for a fuss from us.

The cats, knowing there is no native cat here any more, are bold now, and use the garden as a glue sniffing dragon chasing hangout. Probably.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 21.06.18










4 comments: