Tuesday 18 August 2015

Sunset and Rain

Ended up having an evening run today, and found myself under scudding grey clouds and a light brush of rain as I made my along the cycle path.

It may have been late and wet, but carder bees were still busy on lavender plants. Their furriness perhaps makes them a little hardier than other bees, as other species still at large were struggling.

In the distance, the weak warm front clearing the air was easily visible, and by heaven, it created a stunning sunset.

Fuzzy Willow Herb

The rosebay willow herb has literally gone to seed

Vetch of some kind

Reflections

Fly grazed horse

Wishes waiting to be freed

Weather front

Tired bee

Sunset

All is aglow

3 comments:

  1. I don't know when I have seen a more splendid sunset - it was absolutely spectacular here in North Yorkshire and we see it straight through our kitchen window so could enjoy every minute of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that colour in the sunset, so pretty and I love Vetch, it's such a pretty flower. - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those were mobile shots as I didn't have my compact on that run. I think a lot of people had fantastic sunsets last night

    ReplyDelete