Monday 25 March 2019

Snapped a Butterfly!

It's been a cracking Spring day today, albeit a rather chilly one this morning, and the main effect of that has been a large amount of insect life today.

In addition to the bumbles and hairy foots that have already been very evident, some new players entered the seasonal game today. Rusty orange glints in the sun indicated that tawny mining bees were about today, then a gorgeously striped female sat on a path briefly for me to get a look at, if not a photo.

Saw a white butterfly on the flutter today, whether that was a female brimstone or one of your actual whites I don't know. But the only butterfly that gave me a chance to get to photograph it was a comma I found by the cycle path sunning itself, although it didn't let me get very close.

Quite a few commas in the air today, I noticed.

I made another discovery today...when the mandarin duck isn't on the Blue Lake, it is on someone's garden pond next to it!

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 25.03.19















1 comment: