Sunday 3 March 2019

Blowing a Hoolie

As I type this, Storm Freya is making the trees bend and the windows rattle and it has been a very wet and wild day. Felt much more energetic today though, and have been out and about. I've watched rain hit the window of Rumbles cafe, I've tried to stalk a heron to get a very average shot with my mobile phone and I've thrown myself around at cricket practice for two hours.

Oh yes there was a shortish burst on my exercise bike too!

So it's been a busy day of walking, cycling and cricket. The crocus carpets are now all gone, how ephemeral were they?! They've now been replaced by daffodil and glory of the snows, but its not the same.

This is the sadness of every spring.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 03.03.19










5 comments:

  1. Love the photos. So far Freya has ignored the North East Scotland but may hit tomorrow, nothing like other places. But then up we are used to the wind! Sounds as if you had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always lovely to see your flower photos :) I particularly like the daisies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are still some crocuses here but not many. Lots of wild daffs. Bring on the bluebells!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! See what remains after Freya!

    ReplyDelete