Saturday 7 March 2020

Today the Bees are out Hooray!

I went for a walk to the park this morning, as is my habit, and when I made my way along the bright yellow lock gardens, photographing the cowslips there, I came across a golden flash, and lo and behold a bee landed on the cowslips and began to feed!

First honeybee of the year, and a bee far too busy to be photographed! It moved across to have a go at the primroses, then flew off into the locked garden proper.

There was another on the blossom in the park, another speedy bee went past, again not interested in posing for a photo. But it was on the strange setting on a concrete windowsill, that a bee stopped for a quick rest in the sun. It was no wonder that it needed one, as its saddlebags were looking rather heavy, but it meant that I was able to really test out my newish cameraphone and I'm rather pleased at the results.

When I was walking in the afternoon, the sun had gone, and the wind had got up so no more buzzers on the wing. I went out to our cricket ground, and it's still a lake, decorated by the wreck of our club captain's old car that was wrecked by the floods, and then broken into with an angle grinder.

I hope everyone is still well, take care out there.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 07.03.20













7 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to connect with your bees. There's still rather a lot of water around there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the insects, and rowers on the river.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super photos - you must be pleased with your newish camera. Only seen a few bees whizzing around the garden at distance so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glorious to see the bees.

    ReplyDelete