Friday 6 March 2020

Hello Ladybug!

While we have plenty of flowers on the go, the weather has been far too stormy in February, and far too chilly in March so far.

But out in the sun today, with the freezing wind finally dropped away, it has been very pleasant and I figured that I might just find a bee on the rosemary that grows in the cultivated garden at the entrance to my workplace.

It's a lovely food source for early season pollinators.

There were no bees, and I was initially disappointed. But after a few moments I spotted a tiny flash of red among the blue flowers.

It was a 7 spot ladybird out enjoying the sun, our most common native species, and how pleased I was to see such a sight after what has been a very tough couple of months weatherwise.

I intend to be out tomorrow, and I hope that there are more sights to see. Perhaps, with enough sun, the first yellow flash of a brimstone butterfly might grace my sight.

We shall see.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 06.03.20




6 comments:

  1. Always great to see the Winter hibernators emerging. Saw one today on my pansy plants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! such a bright pop of color. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Si - what a heart-warming couple of photographs! We have had several pleasant warm still days and now today it is cloudy cold and windy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen a few bees out and about today, but no ladybirds yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Warm today in the sun, but then it clouded over!

    ReplyDelete
  6. DR NKOSI THE BEST AND GENUINE LOVE SPELL CASTER BRING BACK MY EX WIFE.
    Greetings readers out there, I’m 34 years old. My wife left me 3 months ago, and i love her so much, i have been looking for a way to get her back since then. i have tried many options but she did not come back, so i searched for help online and I came across Dr Nkosi website www.fastsolutiontemple.com, I felt I should give him a try..I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it, then he did a reuniting love spell for me, 24hours later, my wife came to me and apologized for the wrongs she did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. me and my wife are living together happily again.. All thanks to Dr Nkosi solution temple . If you have any problem contact Dr.Nkosi now and i guarantee you 100% that he will help you..you can also call him or add him on whatsapp: +27820502562,his email: fastsolutiontemples26@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete