Sunday 8 March 2020

And now Spring has Sprung

Today was the day I saw my first butterfly of the year.

It wasn't a great sighting, a dark shape battling against the wind. But I guess it, and as it turned out many other insects, felt the temperature break double figures and decided to make their way into the world.

Like I said, too far away to properly ID but probably a peacock from the dark underwings.

Lots more honeybees were out today down by the locks, and one garden plant brought me two ladybirds, a wolf spider, and a shield bug within 6 inches of each other, although the householder might have been rather alarmed to see me bending right over the front wall to take pictures!

A big buff tailed bumble queen then slowly buzzed past me, perhaps looking for a nest hole for the new colony.

I hope it was more successful than I was at bowling and batting tonight.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 08.03.20










7 comments:

  1. Great photos. You must have a good camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photography today Si is outstanding - does make me think that Spring is on its way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some brilliant photos, Si.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely photos, specially the ladybird and the shield bug

    ReplyDelete
  5. DR NKOSI THE BEST AND GENUINE LOVE SPELL CASTER BRING BACK MY EX WIFE.
    Greetings readers out there, I’m 34 years old. My wife left me 3 months ago, and i love her so much, i have been looking for a way to get her back since then. i have tried many options but she did not come back, so i searched for help online and I came across Dr Nkosi website www.fastsolutiontemple.com, I felt I should give him a try..I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it, then he did a reuniting love spell for me, 24hours later, my wife came to me and apologized for the wrongs she did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. me and my wife are living together happily again.. All thanks to Dr Nkosi solution temple . If you have any problem contact Dr.Nkosi now and i guarantee you 100% that he will help you..you can also call him or add him on whatsapp: +27820502562,his email: fastsolutiontemples26@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful photos! That shield bug looks like our stink bugs here in Pennsylvania. I believe they're in the same family, or maybe the same? We've been plagued with stink bugs for several years now. They damage fruit, and I saw them eating and killing monarch butterfly caterpillars. I hope your bugs aren't that nasty!

    ReplyDelete