Thursday 1 August 2019

Teasel Treats and Cricket Nets

Got out for a quick look at the world at lunchtime today; not so many flowering plants to feed pollinators and so the flowering teasel is a big hit with the bees and butterflies.

After all the rain, a touch of sunshine acted as  food for hungry cricketers, and so there was a pretty decent turnout at net practice tonight of players from the first and second elevens, and also a passing third eleven captain who was off to sing at a country and western  - both kinds of music - gig.

As I'm writing this I'm also watching Hawkwind at Stonehenge in 1984 and wondering how he would have coped with that crowd.

I've bowled at nets a few times since my injury, but not batted and certainly not batted on the dreaded astroturf. Having only batted once in the last 8 weeks I was determined to have a crack tonight, and it wasn't too bad, although I don't really have a very good defensive technique - my one similarity with Steve Smith, who was busy scoring 144 at Edgbaston, probably more than the total number of runs I've ever made.

Only got hit once, and didn't get bowled.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 01.08.19









2 comments:

  1. What is the Moth? Great pics as always. Getting back into the game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The moth is a small skipper butterfly

    ReplyDelete