Tuesday 17 January 2017

The Signs of the Prince Rupert

It's been a frustrating couple of days, with the local internets (provided by a hymenally unbroken company) having been completely down as if we were in the Faeroe Islands or somewhere. Ha, they probably had a better service there.

I've been keeping busy in the grey and wet weather, getting some good runs in and failing to photograph teasing redwings as they flew off everytime I went back to my flat to get my camera, returning only when I had put it away.

Wretched things.

The light and weather has been so awful that there hasn't been much to photograph other than acres of mud. So let me bring you a bit of old school colour, courtesy of the signs found in the Beer Garden of the Prince Rupert. I have always loved the slogan "Ovum for Poultry", a rallying call for sterile chickens everywhere.

I bet you don't get much "Black-a-Moor" on sale either these days.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 17.01.17






5 comments:

  1. It astonishes me how popular these signs have become and how muchthey fetch at sales.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We reckon there's quite a pretty penny in that pub, in sign for, haven't done the inside ones yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting signs.
    Funny how birds know when you want to take a photograph!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting post, over the time these signs have been getting un-noticed. Although picture quality is not that good but good post.

    ReplyDelete