Monday 11 July 2016

The Grave of a Satanist

*Laughs* well I have no idea if it is, but every time I run past this grave, I just find it so unusual.


I think it is a combination of the drunken tilt and the pointy hat it appears to be sporting. It makes me think of Alesteir Crowley for some reason. Or some kind of strange Masonic cult.

It is certainly very old, although how old I've no idea. The inscriptions are very hard to read.


Mosses and lichens love it, I photographed  the different varieties I could find on it.





I think there is something about the pyramidal form that just radiates supernatural connotations although obviously I don't believe any of the nonsense you get about pyramids sharpening blades or prolonging life. Unlike the main character in the German TV Soap "Lindenstrasse" who had a pyramid mounted to his wheelchair in the belief it would cure his disability.

It's an odd thing to know, that, it's what you get with living with German flatmates at University for a year.

So, there's the wizard's grave for you, something that always attracts my attention. I wonder who lies beneath...and if they'll ever arise...

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 11.07.16


4 comments:

  1. Definitely the resting place of someone who wanted to make a statement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Came in from Heron view. I've never seen a grave marker like that before.
    If you have time stop in for a cup of coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An unusual grave - do let us know if you ever find out more. Love all the lichens and mosses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks very much everyone! Will see what I can find out.

    ReplyDelete