Thursday 14 May 2020

The Holly Blue in the Hedgerow

Two hours of walking today, from the north edge of town to the south, along the river, around the cricket ground and along to the park.

It's been a very pleasant and peaceful day today, I was just happy to walk along, listening to 6 Music and seeing what I could see.

The big prize was capturing a holly blue butterfly with its wings open, you don't often see them resting like this they usually do their work with wings tightly folded, but this one was seeming to want to get warm in the sun in a little bit.

I've never been able to photograph their snooker chalk blue upper wings before, so I was very pleased to be able to do this.

Swifts are now back above my flat, I wonder if its the same gang as before, or these are new arrivals.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 14.05.20













2 comments: