Saturday 13 October 2018

Running Like a Mime Artist

The weather today and yesterday has been very very strange for any time of the year, let alone October. Temperatures have been in the  mid-twenties yet there have been hot 50 mile an hour winds blasting through the trees and ruining the composure of Ewalina's larger pot plants.

Despite Storm Callum having a good time out there, I decided it was still too nice to not go for a run so I picked a route that  would enable me to have a tailwind on the run back home.

Of course this meant I would have to run into the wind for the first half, and this resulted in some fairly comical struggles, with teenage girls openly laughing at me as I ran past making running style shapes, but actually travelling at less than walking pace.

I've no doubt I looked like Marcel Marceau doing a particularly bad "walking in the wind" mime routine, feeling like I had to almost swim strokes through the air to get anywhere.

It did get better, when I turned out of the headwind under wide open skies, but I was already totally knackered and came home very slowly indeed.

I cared not. It was 8km outside.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 13.10.18







6 comments:

  1. But you did it. More than I did. Sat in the car and watched the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fresh air and fleet of foot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would loved to have seen you to see whether it matched the mental picture I imagined while reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha! Thanks all, a very wild day today

    ReplyDelete

  5. Hi there! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any issues with hackers? My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing months of hard work due to no backup. Do you have any methods to stop hackers?
    D2bet

    ReplyDelete