Tuesday 17 July 2018

Common Blues Mating

Was wandering around this evening when I spotted a few common blues  flying about in the long virtually dead grass. There were male and female specimens, there was flitty flirting and love in the air.

I tracked a male specimen, a noticeably brighter and less pastel colour than a holly blue, as it danced about the vegetation. It stopped occasionally,but never for very long. I followed it and followed...

...And then lost sight of the sodding thing.

But wait. Serendipity slammed down its 4 Aces on the card table, and I caught sight of a mating pair on a burnt out looking grass head, with a bonus voyeur in play as well.

Made my day, I thought I'd have nothing to show you today. Instead, there is love...

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 16.07.18



2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, what a beautiful image.

    Should enter a competition with that one Simon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thank you, think it would have to be a bit more square on to win though!

    ReplyDelete