Monday 29 May 2017

A Mini Meadow on the Run

After a weekend of cricket, I've been exhausted as usual on the Monday, but I still managed to get out for a 7km run, and a visit to Rumbles, on my Grange Road Farmland route.

I haven't run this way for a little while, and so I was thrilled to find that at the entrance to the land off Bowbridge Road, a little mini meadow has erupted with some corncockle, poppies, white campion, groundsel and some other species.

There was a bit of rain in the air, but the bumblebees were using the poppies to nectar off, no doubt enjoying the shelter they were getting. They were certainly taking their time!

Si

All images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 29.05.17
















3 comments:

  1. Nature is amazing, especially at this time of year. We are lucky to have our 4 seasons. I once lived in a land where every day was like summer. No seasons in fact. It was a novelty for the first couple of years, then became extremely boring. I love this bursting forth of creation. And also the autumn fogs, the winter ice and snow, and the first hint of spring. The blackbirds are singing their heads off these days. Your photos remind me of all this. It's a great season for runners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful mini meadow and a lovely selection of flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all, reading your comments make the blog worthwhile. I remember a time when I didn't get any.

    ReplyDelete