Tuesday 8 August 2023

Commas and Damsels

 I've been a little unwell, having eaten some ice cream which I didn't realise had a sweetener in it that acts as massive trigger of IBS symptoms. 

Oof. Not nice. 

The sun has decided to make a few rare appearances in the last few days, and that has meant that some nice insects have made an appearance. Such as the lovely male banded demoiselle I found having a restful moment on the pavement of all places. and then a comma enjoying the sun by the River Devon while having a chat with a bee.

By lucky chance, this is one of the best shots I've ever taken. 

I myself then went to enjoy the sun at Rumbles cafe, although unable to sit on a flower like the comma did.

Fraction too heavy, you see. 

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 08.08.23






3 comments:

  1. It is good to see damselflies around and the comma butterfly is very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first shot of the Comma should grace the cover of a wildlife magazine - do send it off somewhere Si. Hope the horrid IBS has settled down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos, Banded Demoiselles are my favourite damselflies! I've not seen a Comma this year though. Hope your IBS has settled down now.

    ReplyDelete