Tuesday 11 July 2023

Sconce Park Butterflies

 No cricket for me, as yet again the match I'd spent days preparing a team for an organising was cancelled by the opposition, officially due to overnight rain - the ground was bone dry at 10am - but more likely due to a severe case of couldn't be arsed-ness. 

Much disappointment for my team-mates and myself. We've only been able to play 5 games out of 11...

Si, in bright warm sunshine, I took myself to the park, to take in the open air, have a cup of tea, and photograph the plentiful butterflies that were around. 

A beautiful newly emerged comma would not co-operate, chased away from its perfectly posed spot by a marauding specked wood, but I managed to get some decent shots of other species - small tortoiseshell, holly blue and a rather tatty green veined white. 

I got a cup of tea, and settled down on my usual bench at the cafe to read. I've suddenly regained my love for reading which I seemed to lose during the pandemic, and take joy and peace in reading outside, be it at the park or in my garden in the early evening. 

So I was still able to make something positive out of a disappointing day.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 11.07.23








4 comments:

  1. Too bad about the cricket. Hope the butterflies were some small consolation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blue is a beauty. Whites are usually a bit tatty aren't they? I wonder why. What sort of books do you read?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely selection of butterflies. I love the last photo of the Small Tortoiseshell with the light through its wings

    ReplyDelete