Sunday 1 November 2020

Late Blooms Before an Early Storm

 The first day of November, after a Halloween weekend I mainly spent dressed as various clans of vampire, was a bright and sunny one when I headed out to Sconce Park in quest of the Ivy Bees and Califonia Quail - yes really - that have been reported there.

As it happens, I saw neither, but there were a few bees about mainly attracted to the bramble which has decided to come back into flower. There was some herb robert in flower too, and I was able to take my coat and hat off at Rumbles to enjoy a cup of tea.

Then the wind began to blow harder, and the clouds rolled in and covered the sun like a dirty duvet. The first big autumn storm, which as I write is howling outside my flat, was arriving and by the time I got home it was raining, making me glad I hadn't gone through with my original plan to see if I could buy a bike bt the shop in Farndon. 

So now, we face another big lockdown amid rocketing cases, which this time I will work through I believe. Not heard of furlough yet and it's a busy time of the year for me. 

I'm ok, but a lot of people are going to get shredded mentally again.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 01.11.20











2 comments:

  1. That carved log is fab. You really captured the delicate essence of the bramble flowers. My sister, an accomplished embroidery expert and teacher, tried to reproduce those delicate blooms in 3-D embroidery. A demonstration of skill no doubt, but there is nothing like the real thing.

    ReplyDelete