Sunday 15 December 2019

Unseasonal Appearances

Today I had a very long walk, as it is now I've moved, around Balderton Blue Lake.

To say I saw unexpected things was an understatement.

Walking through the cemetery, I could see lots of snowdrop shoots poking through the damp ground, but to find one in flower was mental - December 16th is easily the earliest date I've found one of those droopy little white fellows.

But it wasn't just that. I found primrose and white dead nettle flowering as well. It just seems crazy early to me.

Out on the water, I was also amazed to see a record number of goosander, 6 drakes and 6 ducks, which I've never seen before January before on the Blue Lake. The resident mandarin was also looking resplendent, and there was a kingfisher here too as there had been on the Devon yesterday.

There's a lot of life around for December, that's for sure.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 16.12.19










5 comments:

  1. I find it all worrying. We have a Lupin in flower. There are three Mandarins around and about here. One is ringed and returns each year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't seen one in flower yet, but I shall certainly check out the always-early ones in my local wood when I go out later. I do have daffodils beginning to poke through the soil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pics! It is a bit worrying for flowers to bloom off-course! But, maybe this is only the first bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How I Got My Ex Husband Back...........

    I am Shannon by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my husband after three(3) years of marriage just because another woman had a spell on him and he left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address Makospelltemple@yahoo.com , have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a woman had a spell on my husband and he told me that he will help me and after 2 days that i will have my husband back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my husband. Thanks for Dr.Mako. His email: Makospelltemple@yahoo.com OR.His WhatsApp Number:+2347054263874.

    ReplyDelete