Monday 9 September 2019

A Nice Twilight Run

Managed a sort of ok 5km run this evening, after a day when I was so exhausted I could barely rise from the sofa for most of it.

My pace was just over 32 minutes for the 5km, which is hardly earth shattering but seeing as I haven't run even as meagre a distance in this for a while represented some kind of decent progress.

I felt a bit tight chested and a bit sore in my right foot, and while the first is due to a lack of running fitness, the second means I'm always going to have to be careful with plantar fascitis and so I don't think long distance running over 10km is ever going to be an option, at least not in the short to medium term.

My route was basically down to the bottom of the accessible river stretch, then back up and round the park.

You can see from the photos how attractive it was.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 09.09.19







3 comments: