Sunday 21 July 2019

Bee Rescue at the Cricket

Home match today, against Southwell, who no doubt in response to our awesome reputation - ! - had packed out their team with 4 first team batsmen from their Division C side, a standard 1 league higher than our first time.

I didn't know this, but when we were asked to bowl first, myself and my young opening partner had sent them all back to the hutch in 8 overs with 7 runs on the board.

It was he who started, splaying the opening batsmen's stumps, then having a red bandana wearing sportsman caught at mid wicket off a horrendous slog. I them had the other two batsmen caught at gully.

After a word from their skipper, saying that they only had young kids left, our captain showed mercy and I made the traditional "I'm not bowling any more skip" gesture of vigorously miming slitting my own throat with my hand.

I felt like doing it for real yesterday after my last over went for 15 runs. But today, I wanted to let others have a go while I preserved my bowing figures of 4 overs, 4 maidens, 2 wickets for no runs. Very egotistical I know.

Our other bowlers relished the job of getting stuck in, and clinically bowled Southwell out for a mere 50. Good job tea was ready early so we could all tuck in with great relish.

I had absolutely no expectation of having to bat, and having been a clubman yesterday said I wasn't goingt o do square leg umpiring on account of 1) having done loads of umpiring yesterday and 2) being on tea money collection duties. Having done my fiscal duty, I then took myself off to take some photographs, which I did.

In the course of this expedition I found a lovely common carder bumblebee queen in a very tired state on a compost bag. Not wanting to leave it, I managed to coax it on to my hand and then showed it to some frankly alarmed first team players. "OH MY GOD ITS STINGER IS OUT IT'LL STING YOU" they yelled as it harmlessly wandered around on my hand while I attempted to get it to drink some Lucozade.

Eventually my warm hands and some salt from my skin were good enough, as it then took off strongly and flew off to find some nectar.

I then had to rescue a white tailed bumblebee that had fallen into my opening partner's glass of J2O. I saved it from a very sticky drowning.

Meanwhile, we were busy winning the mtach by 7 wickets with no alarms whatsoever. A very good win for our team!

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 21.07.19













9 comments:

  1. On and off the cricket pitch a hero!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for everything!
    I rescued two peacock butterflies from a cobweb in the garage this morning. They seemed glad to be set free and taken outside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all, some of my team mates were rather less impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get a blank ATM CARD and cash good money/funds directly today in any ATM machine around you anywhere in the world. It's 100% guaranteed secure with no worries of being caught because the blank card it's already programmed and loaded with good funds in it, in such a way that's not traceable which also have a technique that makes it impossible for the CCTV to detect you, so get the blank ATM CARD today at our email address: unitedblankatmhackcard@gmail.com and change your story for good

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was searching for loan to sort out my bills & debts, then i saw comments about Blank ATM Card that can be hacked and withdraw money from any ATM machines around you anywhere in the world . I doubted thus but decided to give it a try by contacting united blank atm hack card they responded with their guidelines on how the card works. I was assured that the card can withdraw $5,000 instant per day & was credited with$50,000,000.00 so i requested for one & paid the delivery fee to obtain the card, after 24 hours later, i was shock to see the Courier agent in my resident with a parcel {card} i signed and went back inside and confirmed the card work's after the agent left. This is no doubts because i have the card & has made used of the card. Contact these email if you wants to get rich with this....Via email: unitedblankatmhackcard@gmail.com or whatsApp +44 7466 770724  

    ReplyDelete
  6. Get the best celebration ever with MOSES 2020 BLANK ATM Programmed Card and cash money directly in any ATM Machine around you., There is no risk of being caught, because the card has been programmed in such a way that it's not traceable. He give out THE Blank ATM Card. Do you want to live a good life though its illegal, its the easiest way to be a millionaire. It also has a technique that makes it impossible for the CCTV to detect you and you can only withdraw a total amount of $5,000.00 USD in a day. To get yours, email him (programmedatmcards@gmail.com) today or WhatsApp him number +2348154637647 get your card today and live that luxury life you always dream to live.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello
    We are professional traders, earning on forex and binary for investors weekly, will love to tell you all more about our investment platform where you can invest funds as little as $200 and start earning $2000 weekly, alot of people has benefited from this investment offer before and during this convid-19 virus, if you passing through financial difficulties due to this coronavirus and you need help paying bills simply choose a suitable investment plan for yourself and start making profit weekly

    $500 to earn $5,000 in 7 days
    $1000 to earn $10000 in 7 days
    $5000 to earn $50000 in 7 days

    To Start your investment now contact Via whatsapp: (+12166263236)
    email: carlose78910@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven’t you heard about United hacking company blank ATM card and how other people had benefited from it? I am Leah Hart by name, i want to share a blog and forums on how to get real blank ATM card,thank to united hacking company who helped me with an already hacked ATM CARD and i was so poor without funds that i got frustrated. One morning as i was browsing on the internet, i saw different comments of people testifying of how united hacking company helped him from being poor to a rich man through this already hacked ATM CARD. I was skeptical if this was true, i decided to contact him to know if he is real he proved to me beyond all doubts that its was really for real so i urgently receive my blank ATM card. Contact them on email: unitedblankatmhackcard@gmail.com and today am also testifying on how united hacking company helped me. I never believed in it until the card was sent to me, which am using today Contact the company now and become rich. Email: unitedblankatmhackcard@gmail.com  

    ReplyDelete