Saturday 5 January 2019

Another Hunt Successful

Despite being full of a heavy cold, I managed to get out twice today. Probably slightly daft I know, but I need to feel fresh air on my face, I need to be able to see things.

For once I didn't have the usual Saturday exhaustion and felt pretty lively. Once I'd laid in bed for two hours warming up, like a lizard resting on a rock with no sun to kick start its blood.

The hot cup of tea at Rumbles tasted especially good in the cold after a walk round the park.

In the afternoon, I walked around the two lakes, and saw a record number of goosander on the lake - 2 very handsome drakes and 6 ducks. In flight they look stunning too, white wings flashing low over the water.

I wasn't looking for them, nor was I looking for the little egret that was also on view. I was walking further round, to Friary Gardens, where after a little bit of careful searching, low to the ground, I found the first winter aconite of 2019. Exactly where I expected them too!

Well, the springing of spring goes on. Even though its winter.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 05.01.19









4 comments:

  1. Lots of things budding forth. We still have roses blooming and budding and carnations in the North East of Scotland. Lots of Short Eared Owls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I envy you those aconites Si - and the witch hazel (and the little egret too). Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aconites as well as Snowdrops in flower - a great start to the year Simon. Love the witch hazel :)

    ReplyDelete