Saturday 18 August 2018

Tripping Ourselves up at the Park

Today I was with the second team, playing Kimberley Institute 4ths in a public park on the other side of Nottingham.

We weren't the only ones doing sport there - Slimming World had a gazebo up from which folk seemed to be dressing up in pink in doing some sort of sponsored with dog creatures. I suggested that our  vice captain, a bakery manager, should perhaps go and give them a few calorie heavy cakes as a reward for their efforts.

Sadly he didn't have any with him.

So, we bowled first on a very green wicket - we haven't seen many of those this year - and steadily worked through the opposition, with our young leg spinner being particularly effective and getting a lot of turn. I wasn't called upon to bowl today, as I had already suspected given our bowler heavy lineup, so I busied myself by fielding with great energy, if not much actual ability.

I din't mess up that much as I ran around the  place though.

We bowled them out for 161 to get maximum bowling points,which we need as we are in a relegation scrap in the 2s. We started quickly, continued quickly and batted at a great rate of knotts. Our skipper targeted the bowling green and tennis courts with great power.

Unfortunately we kept losing wickets. Too many wickets. And we got nowhere near.

I was just as guilty a party. I batted well for a few runs against the better bowlers, but against a loopy slow junior, I played a horrid smear and got bowled.

It infuriates me, because I think I could get the odd good score.

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 18.08.18






4 comments:

  1. I always enjoy your humorous cricket reports!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And here and always great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments everyone! Soon the season will be over, which makes me sad

    ReplyDelete