Saturday 16 December 2017

Thoughts of Flight

It's Saturday, and because it's Saturday I am exhausted.

That seems to be the law these days, a busy week at work with the usual struggle to sleep at night, and then the weekend is spent dozing on the sofa. I did get out of the house - and recorded my 10,000 steps lol - but my Christmas shopping attempt failed, and I was soon asleep on the home again.

I had a brief interlude outside in the garden, and during it the local para-power-glider whatever came over. It's always the same person, weirdly clunky little powered cockpit slung under a bright green parachute like an under-ripe banana, sailing over my part of town for a change.

Normally they fly over the Sconce Park end of town, buzzing like a sickly bee, but today, they graced me with an overflight. And as I watched, I wished instead of being trapped on the ground with this tiredness, and I could just strap on a ripening fruit with a lawnmower engine and take flight, head off into the sky to visit those places I want to.

Imagine gently rasping over the Uffington White Horse or the Rude Man of Cerne? It would be amazing. To buzz the Long Man of Wilmington! Amazing.

Yes I'm a little fixated with antiquarian stuff, I'd love to visit that part of the world. But at the moment I am just too darn tired. Hopefully tomorrow, along walk awaits. I have a route in mind...

Si

All text and images copyright CreamCrackeredNature 16.12.17




3 comments:

  1. It would be lovely to glide around over all the local landmarks, I get terrible vertigo though, so it probably wouldn't work for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Used to have one or two around here in the Summer but didn't see any this year.

    ReplyDelete