Saturday 11 October 2014

White Post Farm Visit

Yesterday, we took the olde worlde 28 double decker to past Farnsfield, sat up front up top like schoolkids, in order to visit White Post Farm.

It's been there for a long time; I remember friends of mine at school having jobs there and that was over 20 years ago, but I've never actually visited it myself until now. It was a glorious day, and the animals put on a show - bossy aggressive spitting llamas, coy alpacas happy to take your grass pellets but not let you pet them, big fat oinkers, and goats a-plenty trampling each other flat to get to your food.

I'm not a big fan of the "petting zoo" concept, but there were plenty of young children delighted to get close to the animals and it this inspires a love of wildlife, and a respect for domesticated animals into their adult lives, this is fine by me.

I think the centre needs a little bit of TLC - a lick of paint and a bit of a tidy up wouldn't go amiss in some of the areas, but I was surprised I enjoyed the day as I did.

And I'm sure my folks will look forward to eating their kangaroo sausages!


Big ugly turkey, fanning his tail constantly for his ladies

Goat mountain, Mussorgsky spent a night there. Didn't he?

Meerkat sentry. No hawks, but plenty of light aircraft for him to report

Chubster meerkat

Enjoy your mealworms chaps!

"Market?" "Meeeeeeerkat!"

Degus

Kissing harvest mice


The world looks better this way up

Green tree python


Cynical looking bearded dragon

Willow. This is a heck of a big snake


Big fat mummy oinker

Bog goat


Alpaca gets fussed over

Wallaby

Hungry goats

"Caw" cried the Rook

Fallow deer

Highland cattle

Goat attack!

No comments:

Post a Comment