Friday 28 June 2013

Festival Stargazing

I'm watching the BBC coverage of the GLastonbury Festival 2013 on various outlets, and heavens, is it making me envious.

It's not making me wish I was at Glastonbury per se, it's a very Channel T4 line up that has featured on the early BBC3 coverage, but it is sure as hell making me wish I was at a festival of some kind, buried in a tent with my e-reader, before venturing out to take in music, literature, and...astronomy!

I wonder if anyone knows if any UK festivals have organised (or disorganised) little stargazing sessions in quiet corners? I had a little dream the other day - ok so it was a daydream - about my own self taking a little, very basic, stargazing session with various trippy kids and interesting folk, as I drink a beer and cider and talking about Clash of the Titans as Perseus, Andromeda and Pegasus rise in the Eastern sky.

And then back to my tent to listen to 6 music all night...

No comments:

Post a Comment