Saturday 23 March 2013

A winter walk

Run cancelled due to having found a hole in my running shoes that makes frostbite or trenchfoot a real possibility running in the snow a real possibility.
The cycle path had a real eerie beauty today, although the picture gives you no idea of the howling blizzard that was going on at the time. The only living things I saw today were cars and squirrels. Birds, apart from a few pigeons and magpies seemed to be in very short supply.
Beacon Hill Nursery was a true winter wonderland. A hardy woman runner passed me in the opposite direction, and made me feel very lazy. I think I will try a run this afternoon, foot death or no.
Sustrans Route 64 has been sort of blanked from the map. No trip to RSPB Langford Lowfields for me today sadly. I'm desperate to go as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment