Monday 9 July 2012

Hot chicks

Yes, it's another shameless search engine fishing title.

But there are chicks about. My runs past London Road lake have revealed a family of Great Crested Grebes, some young Coots, and a swan family that seem to take any oppurtunity to block the cycling path or leave huge green defecations everywhere.

They have been hiding in the reeds a fair old while!

The weather is very very sticky, hence the hot part, I come back from my runs dripping like a kebab rotating in a takeaway. Moths are about - a lot of Cinnabars, photographed one of these in Butterfly Park on Beacon Hill Reserve yesterday, and also the lovely picture on the blog below of an obliging Swallo Tailed Moth I let into the house.

Seeing a very few Meadow Browns on the wing at the moment, still not dragonflies anywhere round here and I imagine Willow Holt is very boggy at the moment. But as ever, I'm just loving being outside!

And so should all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment